Mail.Ru is one of the largest email service providers in Russia and Eastern Europe, with over 100 million active users. In this article, we will discuss 11 new features that are being added to Mail.Ru’s services.
The new features are being added to Mail.Ru’s services, which include:
- The ability to order a parcel online and have it delivered by mail;
- You can now file reports on suspicious messages in your inbox rather than deleting them outright;
- A chat service will be added for people who don’t want to share their phone number;
- If you don’t want your password to show up in the login form on other computers, this can be disabled.
- Mail Ru will now store all chat history that it shares with others for a set period of time. This is especially helpful for people who are using Gmail as an alternative and need access to chat history to transfer it over.
- The ability to search for VIPs in your contacts list;
- A new type of advertising that will be introduced which allows you to buy and sell digital goods, such as games or music, with people on the platform. This can also work like an auction system where a person bids against another player for a digital good.
- The ability to create an animated gif and send it as a file attachment;
- A new feature that allows you to make your own memes from uploaded images, text, stickers or emojis;
- You can now set up SMS notifications for new messages in the chat window. This means that if you’re not actively using the chat, you won’t miss any messages.
- -You can now create a custom email address that will be linked to your account and have access to all of its services.
- A new feature has been added which allows users who don’t know each other in real life to send each other money for no fee.
- You can now download your sent messages in MMS and MP format.
- An offline mode has been added for mobile devices so that the app will still function when there is no connection available. This means you won’t get kicked out of the chat, or have to start a new game if it was interrupted because of lack of connection.
- If you have a business account, then your inbox will be available in Russian and English now too!
- The ability to delete messages that were received from someone who has left the service;
- Mail Ru will automatically unsubscribe users after they’ve been inactive for 30 days or more. This means that if you stop using the service, Mail.Ru will automatically unsubscribe you from all of your subscribed services so that you can start using them again if and when you want to.
- The ability for messages in chats to be translated into user’s preferred language;
- A new option has been added which allows a user who is on vacation or away from their computer to withdraw messages from their inbox.
- The ability for users who are using the mobile app, and have a Mail Ru email address, to receive push notifications about new messages on their phone.
Exposing most of the interface as widgets in order to make it easier for people who don’t want to learn how Mail.Ru works by themselves; this includes the “Friends” widget and the side panel menu.Searching through messages is now easier, as the interface has a search button.